Jul 24 , 2020
If you’re new to the world of supplements and always wondered what protein supplements are and if they are good for you then we hope this blog clarifies any questions you have.
No matter what you prefer or what your goal is, there is a protein powder for you. Protein can be used as a supplement for your training regime, daily wellbeing, to help you slim down or add that size you’ve always wanted.
If your new to the supplement industry or just want to add protein to your daily intake, then starting with whey protein is best for you. Whey Protein is quickly and easily digested and most have essential amino acids (EAAs) – including the three branched chain amino acids (BCAAs).
- Try: Scitec 100% Whey Professional - containing a full profile of amino acids required for muscle maintenance and growth as well as digestive enzyme which make this the kindest to your gut when digesting. Choose from a variety of flavours.
Vegan? We’ve got something for you too
If you’ve opted for a vegan lifestyle, there are protein powders suitable for you. Plant source of protein can potentially include rice, pea, hemp, potato, chia, flax and more.
- Try: Applied Nutrition Vegan-Pro. Vegan-Pro is the perfect Vegan Protein blend combining Soya Protein Isolate, Pea Protein Isolate, Brown Rice Protein and Hemp Protein to deliver a premium quality, Vegan Protein Powder with a full range of Essential Amino Acids and over 25g of Protein per serving.
Watching your Calories?
The simple science of losing fat mass is to ensure that you are burning more energy than you are consuming. Exercise is a vital part of the fat loss equation, the more exercise you do the less you need to reduce your energy intake. A diet whey protein could be the one for you or alternatively an isolate protein.
- Try: PhD Diet Whey, this is a high protein, low carb, low calorie protein shake that assists fat loss. Packed with 17g of protein and a tiny 91 calories per 25g serving, plus CLA, L-Carnitine, green tea extract and flaxseed.
- Try: Yummy Sports ISO Protein, with 27g of protein and approximately 110 calories per scoop, this is a gluten-free, keto-friendly product containing a high-quality source of protein that is easily absorbed by the body.
Trying to gain size
When your goal is to gain size it is important for you to consume protein throughout the day. If you do not consume enough calories, then you are not going to grow. Mass gainers have added extra carbs and fats which provide a higher calorie blend per scoop.
- Try: Boditronics Mass Attack Heavyweight. Containing a massive 60g of muscle-building protein, together with quality complex carbohydrates and medium chain triglycerides (a fat that is processed in the body like a carbohydrate). Mass Attack Heavyweight packs a monster 1300 calories per serving when mixed with water (more if mixed with milk).
Best for the snackers
Got a sweet tooth? Having trouble resisting treats? Why don’t you swap your normal treats with protein packed ones instead? Who said protein can’t be just yummy. deliciously indulging.
- Try: Grenade Carb Killa® protein bar can be enjoyed at any time of the day. They’re perfect as a low calorie, low sugar treat between meals or as a post-workout, high protein snack. The delicious chocolate coating will also keep those sugar cravings under control.
- Vegan? Try: Lenny and Larry’s complete cookie, with up to 16g of plant-based proteins and 10g of fiber, our dairy-free, no egg, vegan and Non-GMO Project Verified cookie will satisfy your snack attack. No excuses needed for this non-cheat treat with incredible taste and none of the things you don’t want!
Protein snacks are very popular why not see our Snacks blogs to learn more.
If you have any questions, please do get in touch – we are a friendly brunch here at Gym Supplements or if you’re ready to order your protein why not use “Newbie5” at checkout to get a discount.